Thursday, April 26, 2012

Artist Statement

Photography makes me feel so free. I enjoy taking photographs because I just love trying to bring my world into an image. I started out just enjoying nature shots and macro photography but as time has gone on I enjoy taking human photography more and more. I believe that when I graduate I would like to be a hobbyist photographer with the main profession of Veterinarian.

My current work is going to Conventions and snapping photos of various people in costume and trying to capture their character as best as I can. I need to work on my ability to pose people and proper positioning for the best result. I love bright colors and sharp crisp images with a blurred out background. I also enjoy working with just my camera, while I can and will work with others they just aren't as enjoyable to use.

I would like to save up my money to purchase better equipment for my camera so I can go further with my images and hopefully by the time my next convention rolls by I can start offering free to low cost photoshoots to whoever wants them. I also would like to gain better settings and objects to have photoshoots at my own house.

No comments:

Post a Comment